Saturday, July 15, 2017

Stamford CT bouncer charged after beating man unconscious

STAMFORD CT July 15 2017-A bouncer at a West Side bar was charged with beating a man to unconsciousness after being sucker punched outside his bar three weeks ago.
Police on Thursday charged Michael Booker, 33, of Pequot Drive, with second-degree assault and was released after posting a $5,000 court appearance bond.
On June 25 just after 1 a.m. police were called to Reyes Bar and Restaurant on Stillwater Avenue on the report of a man who was beaten up.
The Hispanic man, who appeared drunk and had a large cut to his forehead while bleeding heavily, told police one of the bouncers beat him up. Officers then found Booker, who was holding a bag of ice to his face.
Booker stated that he threw the injured man out of the bar earlier that night because he was very drunk and causing problems. A little later the same man tried to sneak back into the bar, but he was thrown out again.
Booker said that a little after that, he was standing outside when the same man came up behind him and sucker punched him in the face. At that point Booker had a glass soda bottle in his hand and without thinking he swung the bottle, hitting the man in the head and punched him several times because the man would not let go of him.
But the next morning when officers returned to look at the video tape, they saw a different story. According to a report written by officer Steven Orgera, while it was true the man sucker punched Booker, officers also saw Booker swing the bottle at the man two times as the other man was backing away and no longer a threat to Booker.
Booker, who weighs 260 pounds and stands just over six feet tall, then threw more punches at the man, knocking him down. While the man was lying on the sidewalk with his hands at his sides, Booker pummeled him.

According to the police report the Hispanic man appeared to loose consciousness while he laid on the ground and Booker continued to punch him.

No comments: