Thursday, December 22, 2016

Lawsuit claims Mercer County Social Service guards assaulted couple privateofficer.com

TRENTON NJ Dec 22 2016  - Two city residents who said they were assaulted by security guards at the Mercer County Board of Social Services building two years ago have filed a lawsuit over the incident, according to court documents
In the suit, which was filed earlier this month, Richard Hopson and Patricia Richardson claim the assault occurred at the board's building on 200 Woolverton St. in Trenton in December, 2014.
The pair said they walked into the building for, "a legitimate business purpose," and were quickly attacked and beaten by security guards working there, the suit said.
"Neither Mr. Hopson nor Ms. Richardson committed any act or offense which justified defendants' aforesaid actions," the suit said.
An attorney for Hopson and Richardson declined to go further into detail about the incident.
The lawsuit was filed against the Board of Social Services as well as the board's security company, Bowles Security Group and two of the security guards, Tyrone Hancock and Horace Grant.

The security group could not be reached by phone Tuesday but a representative for the board confirmed Bowles Security Group has been employed by the Board of Social Services for several years. The representative declined to go further into detail about the allegations against the board Tuesday.
nj.com 

No comments: